iso standards are prepared by the International Organisation for Standardisation which is an international standard setting body headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and was established in 1947.
The International standards published by ISO are designated with the format ISO[/IEC] [/ASTM] [IS] nnnnn[-p]:[yyyy] Title, where nnnnn is the number of the standard, p is an optional part number, yyyy is the year published, and Title describes the subject.
i.e. ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Requirements
The standards are copyrighted by ISO and are not freely distributed. In the UK BSI are recognised as the National Standards body authorised to distribute the ISO standards but it is possible to purchase standards from any national standards body.
Management System Standards
The most commonly implemented management system standards are;
- ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems Standard
- ISO 14001:2015 - Environmental Management Systems
- ISO 45001:2018 - Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems Standard
- ISO 27001:2013 - Information Security Management Systems Standard
- ISO 27701:2019 - Privacy Information Management Standard
- ISO 22301:2019 - Business Continuity Management Systems Standard
- ISO 37001:2016 - Anti-Bribery Management Systems Standard