ISO 45001 Management System Standard
The ISO 45001 standard details requirements for Occupational Health & Safety management systems and the aim of this standard is to help organisations formally implement and maintain a management system for the effective management of all work related Health & Safety.
The current version of the standard, ISO 45001:2018, is structured following Annex SL and therefore the clauses are very similar to the structure of ISO 9001:2015 and other Annex SL standards. The standard requires a clearly defined organisational structure with roles and responsibilities defined with the involvement and commitment from top management. Other requirements of this standard are that documented information is controlled, risks and opportunities are considered and that actions to address risks and opportunities are identified and managed.
The standard requires a clearly defined organisational structure with roles and responsibilities to be clearly defined with the involvement and commitment from top management. Other requirements of this standard are that documented information is controlled and managed effectively with the focus on taking a risk-based approach and therefore it is necessary to have effective management systems in place to identify and mitigate risks.
Meeting the requirements of this standard
The management system required to meet this standard will be dependent on the organisation and operational activities undertaken. A register of all applicable Health & Safety legislation should be maintained with evidence of compliance for all applicable legislation. As well as completing risk assessments and retaining documented evidence of this there are also requirements to have documented evidence for various things like Management Review, Internal Audits and a Health & Safety Policy.
isoassured can assist with preparation of management systems to meet the requirements of this standard - check our ISO Consultancy page for details of how we can help with onsite consultancy, remote consultancy or by using of our alpha-Z documents package to meet the requirements of this standard.
OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001 Certification process
We offer a simple, smart, certification process to provide independent confirmation that your organisation meets the requirements of the ISO 45001 standard and once an audit has been completed with a satisfactory outcome we issue an ISO45001 registration certificate and authorise the organisation to display our 'ISO 45001 Registered' logo.
Further details on our certification service are available on the ISO Certification page.
Benefits of ISO 45001 Certification
- Achieve better scores in pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQ's)
- Improved Internal Processes with regards to management of Health & Safety
- Checks that staff are given Health & Safety training and regular updates
- Checks that activities are Risk Assessed and safe methods of work in place
- Effective systems for reporting dangerous occurrences and near miss reporting
- Ongoing checks and reviews of controls in place to improve Health & Safety
- Systems for improvements and continual improvement of management systems
- ISO 45001 Registered Logo for use in marketing
- Enhanced systems for getting staff to consider and contribute to the effective management of Health & Safety
- Formal review of relevant Health & Safety Legislation - reassurance that meeting legal requirements